Monday, July 26, 2010

Two quick things

I forgot to say that at Shabbat dinner last week (with the priest, Unitarian Universalist, and Baptist over for dinner) I was explaining the Shabbat imagery. "The three braids of the challah symbolize the three main pillars of Judaism," I said, "Torah, the people Israel, and... and... [turning to the other rabbinical student] Nicole, I'm blanking out, what's the third?" "Um, GOD!" she retorted. Everyone cracked up. I'm a bad, bad chaplain. Who apparently needs theology lessons.

And also, Xander has quite a memory. We have this little book with pictures of planes, and when we read it today he waved to the stunt airplane and said "bye-bye!" We didn't know why. Then I remembered that last time we had read the book Jonathan had told him that it was a biplane. Biplane = bye plane. That's pretty good for a 21 month old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever, that Xander.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

"Pretty good"? That's amazing!
I keep looking at these pictures and never ever get enough!!!!
Savta

By the way, I love your captions!

Michal said...

Thanks Lynn and Savta. He's a smart, photogenic boy! We can't ask for anything more.

And I confess... I posted the pictures but was feeling brain-dead so all the comments were Jonathan's. We make a good team!

Anonymous said...

The two of you do make a good team, and let's face it...Jonathan has a way with words, and with pictures as well.
Savta