Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Horsey Sick

Xander’s Journal

July 21st, 2010 - Before Nap

I’m sad. My Horsey is sick. I used to ride him and he would whinny and shake his tail when I squeezed his ear. But now he’s too tired and can’t talk anymore. I told Daddy he was sick. He said, “Okay, I’ll do special surgery and make him better.”


July 21st, 2010 – After Nap

Daddy did surgery! It was AMAZING. He took pictures so I can learn.

First, he told me that he gave Horsey a special shot to put him to sleep.



When Horsey was asleep, he opened him up so he could fix his insides.



“Here’s the problem,” he said, “Its inner battery is depleted.” I didn’t know that Horsey had an inner battery!



Now he’s all better, hooray!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kol haKavod Jonathan! That open-heart surgery was awesome, and the visual documentation fantasic as an idea and in its implementation.
Kol haKavod Michal! You recognized the importance of publishing Xander's journal of sadness, and then finished off with pictorial proof of Joy Restored!
(When are you going to put it all between hard covers?????)
Savta

Nicole said...

adorable!

Anonymous said...

just curious. Did you have to replace the battery or recharge it?
Savta

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Thanks Nicole!! Xander misses you and Joe. :)

Jonathan said...

Michal does want to save this to hard copy, but we don't know of an easy way. It would be hundreds of pages. ug..

The batteries were standard AAs (not rechargeable) so I just replaced them. I had to fight a bit with the screws holding the battery case together, but they finally yielded (obviously).

Jonathan said...

FYI, I did the entire post; pictures, writing, concept, posting. Michal was not involved in it.

I think she get's enough credit from her other posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jonathan, for correcting my impression that Michal did the posting. You did a FAN-TAS-TIC job with the whole "operation" -- and when I speak of "hard covers," I'm talking about a series of books that would be enthusiastically received by both children and parents. Publishers are waiting.....
Savta

Jonathan said...

Ahhh... you're sweet Savta. :)

I don't know if we could publish it for general sale. But, it would be nice to have something we could give to our children when they are older. So they could see what it was like to raise them and how our life was before they were born.