Saturday, July 10, 2010

A relaxing Shabbat

Aaron and Lauren babysat last night while Jonathan and I went out for a date, celebrating my being half-way done with CPE. We went to see Toy Story 3, which I admit I wasn't excited about at first. But I have to say, it was surprisingly excellent! Quite a good movie, intricately plotted with no loose ends left at the end. It was definitely worth the 99% on Rotten Tomatoes (Savta and Auntie Lois, that's an internet review site that usually gives scores in the 60th and 70th percentile).

Xander had a great time with them. They were telling us that he talks so much more now than last time they were over (only about a month ago). So just in case anyone's curious, this is what he can say:

cat
ball
car (cah - he has trouble with R's)
bus
water (wa-wa)
eyes
frog (fwog)
bear (beh)
bird
nite-nite
bye
mama
dada
sit
bubbles (bu-buz)
slide
book

and I know there are more, but I can't remember them. He still signs a ton, too. He also:

points to parts of the body when asked
follows two or three instructions at once (i.e. pick that up, put it over there, come back)
loves to sweep the floor and clean up toys
gives great hugs and kisses
pet the cats

And he and Jonathan are napping, so I'm going to get offline and follow their great example....

2 comments:

Janet said...

Having trouble with "r"s is very common for young children. I was still having trouble when I was in kindergarten and I remember cutting out pictures of big twains and anything that was the color wed! Now, next weekend we'll just have to add the word bubby to that list!

Miss you all. Thanks so much for the updates.

Hugs all around.
Mom/Bubby

Michal said...

I remember I couldn't do "r"s either... Sandra never let me forget my inability to say my own last name. Sigh. :)