Monday, May 3, 2010

Things that have happened in the past week.

Xander has become obsessed with trucks. Any truck, tractor, construction vehicle, or motorized object that goes by is subject to a "vroom vroom!" and a giggle. This is great fun when we're stuck in traffic, because we point out every truck we see, and suddenly the ride doesn't seem so bad.

The neighbor two doors down has a litter of puppies. They're a poodle-chihuahua mix, so they'll only ever weigh up to four pounds. Even I think they're adorable (and I'm not a dog person). We're trying to convince ourselves that we really, honestly, don't need a dog. Even one that is easily housebroken, will sleep on our beds, and will be scared of the cats.

My pulpit this weekend was beyond crazy. But good. I was so tired when it ended, I had to pull over in a Steak N Shake parking lot halfway through the drive home and take a nap.

Our friend Yael is a violist, and we went to see her play in a chamber music concert. Xander was rapt for the first twenty minutes, but then got bored during Dvorak and wanted to eat snack.

The other day it rained forever and ever, so Jonathan and I brought the kidlet to this great place called Recreations Outlet. You know those huge outdoor jungle gyms, and play sets, and contained trampolines, and indoor roller coasters? They sell them here, and kids can go in and play for $4 a pop.

At Taco Bell, Xander insisted on dipping his quesadilla in hot salsa before he would eat it. Then he wolfed it all down, except for one bite, which he insisted I eat. I had to decline - it was too spicy!

Jonathan made peach pie, with homemade crumb topping. He is a fabulous baker. Please tell him to stop though. He's not helping my diet!

And now finals. Ah medieval Hebrew translation, thou art the bane of mine existence.

1 comment:

Janet said...

1. Vroom, vroom! I can hear him. Makes me smile.

2. May I help? You don't need another mouth to feed, albeit a small puppy mouth.

3.Your service was fabulous and so were you! Go naps. Hopefully in safe places.

4. X lasted 20 minutes??!! That's amazingly long for an 18 month old. He does love music.

5. My guess is, is these places were available to adults, a lot fewer adults would be in therapy or on psych drugs!!!!

6. OMG! And good for Xander for liking so many different kinds of foods. So unlike his Bubby.

7. So is food love yet at your house?

8. More challenges for you to conquer. You always have....you will again. I believe in you!

Love to all,
Mom/Bubby