Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Blessing that was Avraham

It was too hard for Michal to write this so I volunteered to write this for her. We are both very sad to announce that our grandfather in Israel, Avraham Rakowsky, died today. He fought in the war for Israeli independence and was a rock to whom many of us hung onto. His patience and kindness seemed never-ending just as his smile was always close at hand. In all my time with him I never once heard him criticize any person or complain about his situation. Though he was an immigrant from Germany, if asked what his country of origin was, he would proudly tell you: Israel.

He was loved by all and will be greatly missed.


4 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful tribute, Jonathan. Perfect picture.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Grandfather. I know his spirit will be with you always.

Anonymous said...

My condolences. I know Avraham was a gentleman. I'm sure he'll be in your hearts forever.

Michal said...

Thank you, everyone.