Saturday, May 15, 2010

Things that crack me up

1) I overheard Jonathan talking to Xander yesterday as they looked out the window together: "Please don't lick the screen!"

2) Friday I had lunch with Hans Cristophe, a German researcher who has the table next to mine in the library. Actually, he's been sitting at what used to be my table, but he's so nice I've forgiven him. Turns out that he was on the path to being a Protestant minister before he changed tracks and went for his PhD in religion. We laughed at being exact opposites.

3) Xander was going around saying, "bubba, bubba" and we had no idea what he wanted. He looked frustrated and raced into his room. We thought he was mad. He wasn't... he had gone to retrieve the bubble blower. :)

4) Simcha now meows in his sleep. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it myself. Apparently the cat has made an oath to be noisy at all hours of the day, awake or asleep.

5) Sarah and Chris had a garage sale. I made the mistake of suggesting that Jonathan go while I subbed at religious school. He came home with a huge box full of Star Wars models. He said it was his childhood revisited. I said he could have however many he wanted, as long as they stayed in his office. Xander is in love with the X-wing and the A-fighter. Jonathan says he has good taste.

1 comment:

Janet said...

1. Good fatherly advice.
2. Forgiveness is a virtue.
3. Ok, we need to Skype more often to turn that Bubba into Bubby!
4. Simcha, meet Cleo.
5. Beware small pieces. No choking please.

Love you all,
Mom