Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reading week

First I should say, it wasn't actually a conference last weekend, more a retreat. It ended up being quite good, after I got over missing Xander and Jonathan. We talked all about conversion, what it entails, the role of the rabbi, what to say to someone, "seekers" versus people converting for marriage, halacha and law codes about it throughout history, a panel, role playing opportunities, etc. We ended around 10pm each night. And of course, instead of going straight to bed, I decided to be tired but to have fun. So I watched TV for a couple hours all by MYSELF each night - not one interruption! It was strange, I'd forgotten what it was like to not have husband, kid, or cats wanting my attention.

School-wise, I've finished the Talmud Oral Exam, the Human Relations paper, and the Hellenistic Literature paper. Up next is prepping for my pulpit tomorrow, then a Philosophy test on Monday, then a Talmud and a Liturgy paper (15 pgs each, ugh). My laptop and I have seriously bonded.

Also, things I do not like about winter? Cold snow that seeps through tennis shoes. Having to have the heat on constantly. Dressing up a baby boy in four layers when he doesn't even want to have to put on one. Wet cats who come in from outside, then want to climb on our bed with snow on their fur.

And check this out: the car of the future!


1 comment:

Chana P said...

I. Want. That. Car!!!!!
:)

Sounds like your conference/retreat was fun! I hope you enjoyed your "break"!

Shabbat shalom!
-C