Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I wouldn't have believe it if it hadn't happened to me

I set my hair on fire last night. While lighting Hanukkah candles.

The menorah was in the middle of the kitchen table. I was sitting at one end. I tipped my head far to the side, toward the table, to stick my tongue out at Xander.

Tipping one's head is a bad, bad thing when one' s hair is fluffy.

Did you know that hair is flammable?

The side of my head went up like a... well, like a Hanukkah candle. Jonathan smacked me with a magazine to put me out.

Xander's eyes went wide.

After we realized there was no damage other than to my pride, I told him that Mommy was the shamash.

He didn't laugh.

Jonathan, on the other hand, nearly fell off his chair.

I had to wash my hair three times to get out the pieces of ash.

Only me, people, only me.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oy vey- glad you are okay!
It's probably better that Xander didn't laugh. Perhaps this shows he understands fire is dangerous.

Sheryl said...

OK, those hoots of laughter are me laughing _with_ you, not _at_ you! I'm really glad you're ok.

Tara said...

oh no! that's horrible! be careful. :) i've burnt the tips of my hair before (back when my hair was SUPER LONG - remember when it was that long?) so i feel your pain. ;)

Michal said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was pretty funny afterwards. Not at the moment, though, for sure!

maura said...

My nail caught on fire on the 3rd night! Don't feel bad!

Love,
Maura