Monday, December 14, 2009

La dee da

My pulpit this weekend was great. I led a 15 minute Shabbat service, then we all adjourned downstairs for a Hanukkah party with menorah lighting, latkes, dinner food, songs, and dreidel. Jonathan has had the flu the past week though, and I got struck with it later that night. Suffice it to say it was a miserable early morning/night, and I had to cancel my Adult Ed in the morning. I had such a good lesson plan too! Anyway, it was a bad drive home. I was grateful to be out of the car and back in bed.

Other things? Xander can stand up on his own now. And he's no longer a wind-up toy, he can turn his push cart around and avoid obstacles with no problems. It's much less frustrating for all of us. We went to a party for his daycare last night, and it was adorable, all these toddlers running around... it was like, that could be you next month!

I have a Philosophy final tomorrow, then a Liturgy and Talmud paper due. My mom comes in Friday, so the goal is to be done by then. 'Course, when I finish that stuff then I have another 40 hour contract as a research assistant, so she may end up babysitting Xander more than she expects!

Happy Hanukkah, everyone.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, forced to babysit my grandson! I'm so bummed! NOT!!!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better....both of you. Just in time too seeing that it sounds like Xander if up, up, and away!

Friday can't come fast enough! I'll do my best to bring some sun with me.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Hanukkah!

Love,
Mom/Bubby