Friday, August 21, 2009

3 instances of wonderful-ness

1) The HUC library is up and running! This morning I went into the front door, looked up the call number of a book, went upstairs to get it, came downstairs and checked it out. Now I know that this is the way all libraries are supposed to work, but ours has been on the fritz for over a year due to construction. It's beautiful now though! I can't wait to use it more.

2) Xander is in daycare right now, he's been doing half days all week. He had a great time - between daycare yesterday and the HUC orientation picnic last night (where he was handed off to a ton of people), he was so exhausted, he slept 8 hours straight!! That's never happened before.

3) I was talking to my friend Deann on the phone. She was telling me that she just finished the last Harry Potter book during one of her midnight nursing sessions with her newborn, and that now she's sad that the series has come to an end. "Well, not really," I told her. "You're quite welcome to borrow my copies of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard." She didn't even know that they existed, and started to laugh. Then she told me, in a direct quote, "You are my most amusing nerd friend. And I have a lot of nerd friends, so that really says something!" I decided to take it as a compliment. Yay for amusing nerdy obsessions! (You should also know the rest of the conversation revolved around what we're going to wear at our upcoming Renaissance Faire excursion.)

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'm so glad the library is up and running!
looking forward to canasta tomorrow.

Michal said...

me too!! you librarians did good. :)