Sunday, July 5, 2009

Un-4th of July

I really used to like the Fourth of July. Fireworks start going off when it gets dark and continue til midnight or so, lighting up the sky with their brilliance.

This looks very different on the other side, now that I have a nine-month old who barely got any sleep last night because fireworks started going off when it got dark and continued past midnight, lighting up the sky with their brilliance.

So on this grumpy July the 5th, Jonathan and I dealt with a cranky, sleep-deprived little boy by doing lots of house errands. We put mulch all over our sanctuary area, weeded and mulched the front flower beds, laid down grass seed in the front and back yards, assembled a table and laid out chairs in the sanctuary, and assembled our porch swing (to be hung later). We were very, very dirty. And the child was very dirty, and still very cranky.

The child is now sleeping. I am very, very grateful.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Your space must be looking absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it. And I hope the pitsele sleeps through the night. You too!
Love,
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how different the two sides of a coin can be???? And I have a third side: Since July 4, 1976, the Fourth of July for me is identified as ENTEBBE DAY!!! And I don't need fireworks to light me up from top to toe!!!

I take it Xander is a light sleeper! Poor mom and dad!
yer Savta

Chana P said...

my cousins and their 3 month old were here on the 4th and had a similar problem... solution: they moved the baby's crib to one room in the house with (a rather loud) AC... making for very happy parents and a very quiet baby ;)

p.s. Hi!!!! Long time no speak!