Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meme stolen from JR

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Utilities. I resent having to give up comfort (heat or AC) because of money. And if I turn the thermostat the way I want without regard to cost, the bill is ridiculously high.

2. Do you miss being a child?
Not really. I like being able to eat ice cream for dinner if I want. Plus, I don’t remember the stress levels childhood being any easier than adulthood.

3. Chore you hate the most?
Used to be the litterbox, but now Jonathan does it. :)

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
That would be Outback for our 5th year anniversary. It was romantic for about 45 minutes until the babysitter called to say she couldn’t get the baby to stop screaming and to please come home.

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I agree with JR: “Nada. I'm not that kind of girl.”

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Lilian. For about two weeks. Then she skipped me to second grade.

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Cuddling with Jonathan on the couch. Of course that means he still has hours to go at work.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
An astronaut. I was persistent though - I asked for cash for my Bat Mitzvah gifts so I could go to Space Camp. It was a major letdown when I found out the occupation required an interest in math and science.

9. How many colleges did you attend?
Three: one for the BA, one for the MA, and now HUC.

10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It matched my skirt, and it’s convenient to nurse in.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices? We need to be less dependent on foreign oil.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Alarm? Hahaha. That would be the baby. I don’t even think anymore, I just roll out of bed. Also, what counts as “morning”? The 2am call, 5am call, or 7am call when he gets up for good?

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Please stay asleep Xander, please stay asleep.

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Angelina Jolie.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Full-on crash, no. Shaving off the passenger side rear-view mirror, yes. I still claim that the pole jumped out at me.

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Absolutely. I’d die of boredom otherwise.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in. Though I must admit, I sure do get a lot done when I get up early.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Toss-up between Feivel Moskowitz and Helen Parr from the Incredibles.

19. Favorite thing to do after dinner?
Play with the baby, put him to bed and watch a movie with my husband. God I’m domesticated.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
I don’t feel old. I feel like an adult. I think there’s a difference. Though I will admit, I was a bit thrown when I realized that some of the kids in the 4th grade class where I was a teacher’s aide have now graduated from college.

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Roast beef. Mmm.

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I don’t shop at Wal-Mart. They fire pro-union workers, have low wages, purposely keep employee benefits to part-time so workers can’t get benefits, pick locations for their stores where they can crush local businesses, and leave pesticides in the open air where they leak into the drainage systems and pollute the environment.

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Not at all. I don’t necessarily think the government should be involved in it as an institution, but I like it as a commitment ceremony between two people.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Well, if I wouldn’t want anyone to find out about it, why would I write it down?

25. What's your favorite drink?
Peach bellini.

26. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Trina. She introduced me to Monty Python, RenFaire, and the SCA. Last I heard she was living in Oregon.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
The local pop station. I miss KISS FM.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Sopranos. Though I lost interest when they killed off Adriana.

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
I don’t think I had one. I learned from everything that ever happened.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
The students who sit across from me change daily. But my computer screen at the Archives winks saucily all the time.

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Nope. And I hope I never do.

32. Last book you finished reading?
Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories by Sandra Cisneros. She’s a keystone player in Chicana literature. The book reminded me of borderland discussions in dave paddy’s class in college.

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Does Jonathan count?

34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
What a good question! I’d have to say in the dirty bathroom on the overnight train from Prague to Budapest when I was backpacking central Europe with Glenna.

35. Do you go to church?
No. Temple, however, is a different story.

36. How old are you?
Twenty-eight.

Heh, the forward ended on number 36. That’s double chai in Hebrew! [In Hebrew each letter of the alphabet has a corresponding number, and the letters that make up the word “life” add up to 18. So 36 is double 18.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your replies: the reasonable, on-target ones, the deep-thinking ones, and the snarky ones too. But....What is a "Meme"? and who is JR?
yer Savta

Michal said...

Why thank you Savta! A "meme" literally has to do with the transmission of viruses or something, I think. But it's used in internet slang as something akin to a memo or forward, when people fill it out and send it to their friends who then fill it out and send it on to others. JR is a friend of mine from college, and the one who had originally filled out the survey. She posted it on her website, so I "stole" it from her. :)

Anonymous said...

You're full of surprises. Number 14 knocked me off my trolley. I woulda figgered Barak Obama or J.K. Rowling...!
Savta

Michal said...

How funny, I didn't even think about Obama! Maybe because he's been interviewed so many times already. Plus, I'd have no idea what to ask. JK Rowling is an immensely popular writer, but aside from having a wonderful imagination, I'm not that interested in her as a person.

Angelina Jolie though is mega-famous yet still bucks every social trend, is a major humanitarian and philanthropist, adopts kids from everywhere, loves languages, etc etc... I'd be interested to know what she thinks on various issues, and to see how her mind works.