Saturday, March 14, 2009

My birthday!

Everyone, you are wonderful. I got birthday messages on Facebook, tons of emails, some cards in the mail, and phone calls. I feel so loved. :)

The day started off beautifully - after his morning nurse, Xander went down again until 9am! Quite a present indeed for a boy who can be up for the day at 6:30. After my morning class I decided to treat myself to lunch at Whole Foods. When I was perusing the deli section, I mentioned casually that it was my birthday, and the woman behind the counter gave me a free container of sweet potatoes! I love that store.

Jonathan came home from work early and he, Xander and I opened up the gifts from my family that I'd been stockpiling as they came in the mail. (Hooray Amazon wishlist!!!) Jonathan got me the ultimate addition to my Harry Potter collection - Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and... best of all.... an actual replica of Hermione's wand! I'm still geeking out.

Then it was off to Buca di Beppo for a party! About 20 adults and four kids were there, from all aspects of my life, so it was a nice mix. The Italian food was yummy, and there was schmoozing and blowing out birthday candles. Then Jonathan, Xander, and I headed to Aglamesis, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor that I highly recommend to anyone in Cincinnati. In my book, an evening can't get any better than Italian food, friends, and ice cream. The only downside: Xander stayed up past his bedtime and got waaay off his routine. Oh well. It was worth it!

Pictures of the party can be found here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pix and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday. It also seems to me that you've surrounded yourself with a group of really nice people. Happy Birthday, my little one. It's been a remarkable 28 years with you. I look forward to the next 28 too!
I love you more and more every year....if that's possible!
Love,
Mom