Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why I like HUC

This was my email to professors:

Hi Professor X, Rabbi Y, and Cantor Z,
I most likely won't be in class tomorrow. I'm very sorry, and I'll be sure to get the notes from someone. My husband and I just bought a house, and there are some problems. The electrician is coming tomorrow and I don't know when he's going to be done, but I expect to be stuck here for most of the day (he has to take off part of a wall to fix the wiring).
Thank you for your understanding,
Michal

(Also, they're delivering the DVD screen tomorrow and the carpenter is coming to put in the shelves, so I wanted to be here anyway.)

This response was waiting for me an hour later from Rabbi Y:

Michal --- As some wag once said, "A house is a bottomless pit." You need to do what you need to do!

People are so nice. :)

No comments: