Friday, February 8, 2008

Home, albeit disorganized

First, a big thank-you to Sarah, who is my morning carpool to school! I think I'm going to work out permanent arrangements with a few other people to take me back in the afternoons, too. Now that I'm no longer within walking distance, I stay at school from 8am-4pm, through all of my classes and lunch. But Josh was so sweet... "as long as we're here, you'll never have to take the bus." (Which is good, since the bus is a 4 block walk.)

The house is coming together slowly but surely. You all know me... I'm a nester. I'm having trouble not being nested. Our goal has been to work on one room every day, and so far our bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen are completely put together. The dining room used to be done, too, but we noticed this terrible smell of mold. We realized it was coming from the wood table itself! Thinking back on it, Penske gave us old and gross moving blankets, and we think the musty smell must have attached itself to all of our wood. We're not so pleased. So, Jonathan is now re-Pledging everything for the fourth time while I keep on organizing the other rooms. Bookshelves are going to be built in my office this weekend, which I think is exciting... soon I'll have a working library!

The cats are adjusting much better than I would have expected. We made the conscious decision to put their cat bed on the bottom floor, when our bedroom is on the second floor. We knew that they were finally feeling comfortable when they started sleeping downstairs.

Jonathan continues to work hard and I'm keeping up with schoolwork. Although it IS a difficult choice in terms of time... to translate Psalm 104 or to unpack boxes? Unpacking has been winning out, as of late. :)

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

It sounds like things are coming together well. Now you just have to come up with some creative art project to do with all the boxes and packing material :-)

Tara said...

Yay I'm so happy you're in your home!

FYI, we're leaving to Beijing tomorrow night, so my phone is no longer in service.

If you have time to buzz, give me a call at my parents' house line. If you don't have it, give me an email shout.

Otherwise, will contact you once we get to Beijing!

Take care in the meantime!

Anonymous said...

You'll run out of boxes before you run out of psalms!

Chana P said...

I think I'd have to agree with your savta
;)
lol
But really.
Who doesn't enjoy translating psalms? pshhhh. I do that every spare moment I have! lol (I HOPE you could sense the sarcasm in that last statement)
Btw - so sad to hear about your cell phone, we'll have to figure something out!
All the best!
-C