Monday, October 1, 2007

Recent joys in my life

Highlights of the past few days:

1) Jonathan made apple crisp! Yum.

2) I loved the book Rashi's Daughters: Joheved, and its sequel. After I finished the second one last week, I found the author's website online, and wrote her an email asking her a bunch of detailed questions. She wrote back, and gave me her cell phone number! I called her yesterday. We had an amazing conversation about Talmud, women in history, and studying rabbinics. It felt surreal to be reading a book one day, and chatting casually with the woman who wrote it two days later!

3) Our rabbinics professor hosted a "dessert in the sukkah" get-together tonight. Jonathan and I arrived on the motorcycle, per a classmate's request. I hadn't realized how many people at HUC had no idea we (well, Jonathan) had the bike! Maura went for a ride, and she had a whole little crowd gathered around as she put on the helmet and got on. It was like Mara and Mark all over again, only in a different state with more people watching.

4) We switched internet providers, and our connection almost doubled in speed. This is good for things like watching YouTube videos, uploading pictures, and having better webcam quality.

5) Eating the apple crisp. It deserves a second mention. It was so gooood.......

5 comments:

Scarlett Lion said...

So jealous of fast internet! Missing you and loving reading along with your life and knowing you're reading along with mine! Lots of Love, GG

Michal said...

I miss you too! We really need to find a time to gmail chat...

Mara said...

Mark and Mara still remember that motorcycle with fondness.

I see your mom everyday, and today she did a hand gesture and said something and I was like, "oh lord, that was just Michal." amazing.

I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Jonathan, we know you're a gem but we haven't yet counted all your facets, some of which sparkle dazzlingly, blindingly! ..your geekiness, your culinary skills, your biking intrepidity, your utter devotion when given.... to mention but a few. Feel yourself treasured. APPLE CRISP!! I'd kill for it!!!!

And, Michal, your experiences with Maggie Anton make my heart skip beats.

GG, I follow your blog on M&J's and have to keep reminding myself that you are indeed the fragile flower who glowed in M&J's wedding party!

In the parlance of you folks, you folks ROCK!!!

your much-impressed Savta

Jonathan said...

Thank you Savta. I have always prided myself for being diverse in skill. Your praise makes me glow with pride!