Friday, October 26, 2007

Another Friday already

How did it get to be Friday?! I realized I never even wrote about last Shabbat - Carl and Anne came over with their two young children, and we had a traditional dinner (no, not made by me), played with the cats, and got "baby" practice.

This week we're going with Jeffery to Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants. We were going to go there specifically because they had an $8 all-you-can-eat-pasta deal, but SIGH the sale ended... though since I had gotten my taste buds in a tither, we decided to go there anyway.

What else.... Jonathan took the day off today, sick. He went to the allergy doctor yesterday and found out that he's allergic to all midwestern flora and fauna (like ragweed, and certain pollens that they don't have in CA). So that explains all the sneezing. Anyway, they gave him three medications all at once yesterday, and it kind of did him in. But since I'm off of school on Fridays, at least I've been home to make him hot tea.

Oh! And speaking of Jonathan, he just got great news. Joe (as in Joe and Nicole, our upstairs neighbors last year) asked him to be a groomsman at their wedding! He's going to be Joe's ketubah witness as well. (The ketubah is the Jewish wedding contract which has to be signed by two Jews unrelated to the bride and groom.) Both are huge honors, and Jonathan's excited. Now I just need to get with Nicole and figure out how many days early we should arrive in Virginia for the wedding.

Other than that... I really don't want to write my Bible midterm or my next sermon. As a fan of productive procrastination, I've now done five loads of laundry, brushed the cats, vacuumed, reorganized my bookshelves, came up with an extra lesson plan for Sunday school, and moved all the summer clothes out of my closet (oh yes, and now I'm blogging). Unfortunately, my school to-do list remains untouched.

Alright. I can do this. Midterms, ahoy!


"You emptied your backpack?" said Simcha. "Perfect! Now there's room for me!"


Osher comes by to inspect the new arrangements.

No comments: