Monday, August 13, 2007

The joy of stress-free weekends

- We saw Bourne Ultimatum. Quite good, it was mindless fun.

- Joined Netflix, yay! Finally saw Y Tu Mama Tambien. Again good, but definitely not what I was expecting.

- My new fun book is Sex in History, by Reay Tannahill. It's a history book, textbook-like in parts, that covers the subject chronologically - I finished "Prehistoric World" and have now moved onto "Egypt, Ancient Near East, and Early Greece." It's fun; next I want to read her other book, Food in History.

- Still can't blow the shofar beyond a few sad little pbbbtthhhs. (And because I take no chances after last year's post... if that sounds dirty, read about shofars here)

- Learned disappointing lesson of the week: No matter how much time you spend in pajamas, there's always laundry to be done. Sigh.

No comments: