Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Okay, I lied.

Don't believe me anymore when I say I won't post.  Apparently I'm addicted.  It's kind of relaxing.

So two interesting things: 

First, I'm distracting myself from job hunt nervousness with movies and TV episodes with my sister.  We're almost through the first season of Weeds, and I'm really liking Lie to Me.  Even better than that from an academic and sociocultural perspective was the documentary Trembling Before Godabout gay and lesbian Orthodox Jews.  And Arrangedabout a devout Orthodox Jewish woman facing an arranged marriage who becomes friends with a strictly religious Muslim woman in the same predicament.  And because I liked the actors in the last one, I watched Breaking Upwardswhich was a thoughtful romantic drama about love gone bad.

Second, it is easily apparent that Xander has the theatre bug in him.  While "playing pretend" the other night, scooping up pretend dirt and snow, Jonathan tossed a pretend snowball at him. Xander looked in horror at his chest, which had nothing on it but pretend snow... and burst into tears.  Jonathan had to brush the pretend snow off his face and shoulders to quell his sobs, and all the while my sister nearly choked on her laughter.  My eldest son cracks me up.

Here he is with his friend Andrew at a playdate the day before yesterday:


"Hiding" behind the table so that I couldn't find Xander to go home




And the non-blurry version.  Is he not the king of facial expressions?


4 comments:

Rachael J said...

you must continue to watch "Lie to me", just love that show, sad that they cancelled it so soon. Second, where did you get "Arranged"? I have been wanting to see it.

Panda said...

I LOVED Trembling before God. Wasn't it great? Love the blog! :)

Sheryl said...

I really liked "Arranged" too - I saw it on Netflix. I had a hard time relating to "trembling ..."
The snowball story really cracks me up too!
Good luck this week. I'll be thinking about you.

Sheryl said...

Still thinking about you!