Monday, February 21, 2011

For my dad

Abba, Jonathan and I nearly woke you up at 3am your time just so you could see your grandson's engineering spirit. Our hand mixer broke the other day and we got a new one. Xander could not finish his breakfast because it was just too fascinating sitting there on the counter.

"See how work!"

"Please see motor."

"Please plug in."

Jonathan ended up taking the beaters out and putting them back in, explaining all about how electricity comes out from the wall and makes the motor turn, etc. Xander was concentrating so hard, I actually had to remind him to put his cereal spoon in his mouth before all the milk dripped off.



In other news, our PS3 died. It's sad. I can deal with no games or streaming Netflix, but it's our DVD player too. Thankfully Jonathan's already ordered a new one. I love Costco - in the end, after returning the old one, we'll only be out the cost of shipping.

Friday was nice, we had people over for Shabbat. Saturday was celebrating someone else's 40th birthday with homemade chocolate fondue. And yesterday I worked nine hours doing editing for my client in Norway. (He needed a quick turnaround because his dissertation advisors rescheduled a meeting at the last minute.) During my breaks I wrote cover letters for job applications for fall. Oh, to possibly be a temple intern, or a Jewish day school teacher, or a researcher... the possibilities abound.

You know, if you'd told me ten years ago that I'd enjoy being this domesticated, I would have laughed and laughed...

1 comment:

Janet said...

Omigod! The Xander-engineer is priceless!!!!