Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pre-nesting and feel-good pictures

Yay shopping! Anne and I went to Babies R Us and looked at all the possible baby things to buy in the world. My god, the consumerism is amazing. Some of the bedding sets and nursery furniture were a paycheck alone! We didn't actually buy anything, but it was good to wander the aisles and make sure I'm at least familiar with the kind of stuff we'll need. Plus, I learned how to attach a carseat base to the car and other such skills that you can't learn through reading (although yes, we will actually go to the fire department and have them double-check it for us). Yesterday I also stopped by Motherhood Maternity and used Gwen's gift to buy some new clothes - I had no idea it was possible to grow out of maternity clothes! Apparently the belly surpasses all size measurements.

I am pre-nesting in that I'm not so into organizing the baby room (or baby corner of our room), but I am trying to clean out clutter; little things like going through all my CDs and getting rid of most of them, since I only listen to MP3s or pandora.com. Jonathan and I are also finally getting around to the house projects that we've been ignoring since we've moved in. For example, today we had someone give us an estimate on how much it would cost to fix the porch, and to put in insulation in the basement ceiling so all the air and heat doesn't escape down there.

Work is going well, although I am SO tired all the time, I might not make it to my goal of working up til my due date. I've been eating lunch at my desk and then using my lunch hour to nap; it's really invigorating! Who knew that just standing up and making conversation could be so strenuous?

Belly pictures will follow shortly, but in the meantime, here are a few others:


Fruit tart 2.0



Simcha's heart condition hasn't stopped him from enjoying his favorite pasttime, leaping after the string.


Brotherly love (or gay love, we're still not sure).


And on the subject of pets, Jonathan and I send our warmest wishes to Holly and Dan. Giggles will be much missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are such gay lovers! Or perhaps more Euro-Asian culturally--guys walk around here holding hands when they're just friends.

I am looking forward to more belly pics--especially if you are outgrowing your maternity clothes.

hollydlr said...

glad you are able to get naps in - that is fantastic!

your kitties are hilarious and adorable! Glad Simcha feels well!

Thanks for the kindnesses re:Giggles...we miss her. We have Nick Zadina's dog staying with us while he is on his honeymoon, so that is good... :)

Looking forward to belly pics!

Sheryl said...

Well, my body was at work pretty much up to my due date - I'm not saying how productive I was! Since I was going to give birth at Good Sam next door, the library staff kept a book cart empty so that they could roll me down the hill if I went into labor :-)