Friday, August 22, 2008

Almost 35 weeks

Technically I hit 35 weeks on Sunday, but I was dressed up tonight for services so Jonathan took pictures (services were "Rock Shabbat," it was all music and very fun).





Thanks again to Gwen, without whom I wouldn't have the dress. And to Elbie, who went shoe shopping with me this afternoon to get new flats. I went up half a shoe size, it's depressing.

In other news, HUC orientation was this past week, and I met all the new second-year students. Classes start up on Monday and I think I'll pop over from the AJA at lunch to say hi to all the returning people. It feels very odd to not be joining my classmates... I'm glad that my three weeks more of work will at least keep me on campus, so I can stay somewhat connected.

Also, my other, non-Jewish community is forming quite well... I went out to lunch the other day with a woman I met at a Home Birth meeting, and I'm going to another group event on Sunday. Jonathan and I are going to see the play Birth with some of them on Labor Day weekend (think Vagina Monologues for childbirth) and we'll probably all go out after. Yay for new hippie friends!

3 comments:

hollydlr said...

Look at your skinny arms and legs!! And hey, be grateful its just half a shoe size - mine went up a size in width!!! And they didn't go back down again!!! :)

Michal said...

NOOO!! This whole big-feet thing just isn't fair. At least we can always say to our kids, "and look what we sacrificed for you..." :)

Anonymous said...

I am really happy that you are forming multiple support communities! It is always refreshing to get different points of view and unique perspectives on things. Yeah for more Cinci-friends!