Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I can bake!

Kind of. A little bit. Well, not really.

But JONATHAN can bake, and I'm very good at following directions. We made a lemon meringue pie from scratch on Sunday, and oooooohhhh it's so good. I squished the graham crackers to make the crust, zested the lemons like a pro, and took charge of stirring the pot with the corn starch, water, sugar and salt.

So dinner last night? Was mostly pie. Breakfast today? Entirely pie. Dessert when I get home tonight? Will be lemony meringue goodness.

I blame it all on cravings. After all, who wants to deny a growing fetus his needs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Yum!!!!

yer Savta

Sheryl said...

Most of our lemons are still green - but if there are any ripe ones, I'll try to send some out with your mom to supply your new baking needs!