Sunday, March 16, 2008

Purim

I was born on Purim, and it's always been one of my favorite holidays. Everyone dressed up today for Sunday school, and the kids were sooo cute. I went as Vashti, the deposed queen, and came in my bellydancing outfit (with the appropriate undershirt, of course).

We reviewed the story of Purim, ate hamantaschen, read a Purim story, and had a wonderful music session where the kids got louder than I ever thought possible (thank you graggers). I stayed for the Purim carnival, schmoozed with a bunch of people, then came home completely exhausted.


Graggers or "rashanim." They give you a very, very big headache when twirled often enough.


Hamantaschen. My favorite innards are cherry pie filling or chocolate chips.


Jonathan finished his big work project this weekend, literally working 18 hours on Saturday running the phone calls about the computer update. After he took a short nap, we went to Carri and Scott's for dinner. The man can cook! There were different courses and everything. The best (worst?) part came when Jonathan and Scott started bonding about not letting their wives in the kitchen for fear of what we'd come up with. Hmmph, I say. Carri and I eat really well, and that's what counts. :)

1 comment:

Chana P said...

No way, you're hebrew birthday's on Purim!
That is so cool!
So you can be expecting another call from me on thurs. night (or maybe fri. day) to wish you a happy b-day (again)!!!
We really need to speak - hopefully we'll get a chance soon. So many things are happening. Did I tell you, I'm going away for second yom tov pesach!!!! Sooo happy!
Okay.
Take care!!!