Thursday, March 13, 2008

Birthday celebrations

My birthday was absolutely fantastic! It started out somewhat crappily (is that a word?) with a Biblical Grammar midterm at 8am, but as soon as I finished the day got increasingly better. There were warm birthday wishes from people at HUC, lovely phone messages from people like Mara and Marleena and Sylvan and others whom I don't talk to often enough (but I will call you back!), emails from everyone from Rachelle to my extended family, Facebook messages, and last but certainly not least, lots of packages in snail mail! I felt so loved and really a part of a big nation-wide (world-wide) community.

After school ended I made travel arrangements with a 4th-year student for next month, when we both are going to a conference in Connecticut. He gave me a ride home, and when I got back, I gloriously ignored all my homework in favor of reading the new Newsweek. (It has a very interesting spread on Hillary in terms of gender and politics, if you're interested.) When Jonathan got home, he and I went over to a little local family-run Italian restaurant where we met Sarah and Chris, Sandra and Arnie, Jessica, Josh and Karen for dinner. It was great! I came home completely schmoozed out and filled to the brim with lasagna and cheesecake.

The night ended at home when I opened the presents I'd been collecting, and then Jonathan and I finished Return of the King for like the fourth time. We went to bed way too late and paid for it this morning, but wow was it a good day!

I hope everyone else's March 12th was just as happy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smashing day of birthday celebration! Full of people, loving people from near and far, connecting with you and sharing in all your excitement. What fun opening gifts and scarfing down Italian courses!!!! Happy Birthday, Love!!!!

Yer Savta, who always celebrates March 12th as Extra Special!!!!

Michal said...

And here I thought it was March 5th that you always celebrated. :)

Anonymous said...

Right you are! I START on March
5th and then hold my breath until March 12th when I let go and celebrate ALL OUT!!!!!

Yer Savta