Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hooray

We're officially moved in, we have pictures on the wall. The cats love to hang out on the couch in front of the window, and on our bed. I'll take pictures of the place later today.

We celebrated Jonathan's birthday yesterday in style. He had a stressful day at work, but he had brought in donuts at least. And we had carry-out Indian for dinner. It was sooo good, and we didn't even finish half of it! I'm looking forward to leftovers already.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, I finished Harry Potter! I won't say anything here, in case people haven't read it, but suffice it to say that I enjoyed it immensely. It's one of the best-written of the series, and tied everything up nicely.

Today I have a phone meeting with the student rabbi who had my congregation last year, to talk about the upcoming High Holidays. I'll start practicing my shofar calls soon....

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Michal - I have a photograph of a cornfield in my office. Enjoy your trecks to central Illinois! Its funny driving around there - if the crops are low, then you can see forever, the horizon is huge. If the corn is high, you can see a couple of feet.

Michal said...

Ohhhhh.... I've never been in cornfield country. It sounds really beautiful though. And slightly scary, all at the same time!