Saturday, June 23, 2012

Transition pictures

I need a break from unpacking, so here are the last of the pics.


 A sample of the grandeur of Plum Street Temple in Cincinnati.




 Me at the ark, being ordained by Rabbi Ellenson.




Happy happy me!




A few days later, eating lunch.





 Playing at Nancy's before we left for Long Beach.




Again at Nancy's.  I was so relieved, it was all over!





And now to Long Beach: all three cats chowing down in my mother's kitchen.





Me asleep.  Ari... not.  His lip looks odd because he fell and bruised it the day before the Temple Israel service.  It's all better now.





 Now this one I love.  You should all know that Xander loves being tucked in at night.  Simcha was asleep on the couch, so of course, Xander put the blanket on him.  Little naked Ari toddled up and pet him, and we snapped the picture right as he walked away.  But Simcha never moved throughout the whole affair.  He was out so hard that his mouth fell open - you can see his teeth!




Eating TWO kinds of melon, yum!




Simcha on the neighbor's roof, meowing in fear.




About to take a walk, but very concerned for the kitty.


And now we're in Sacramento.  But there are no pictures yet, because every spare moment we have is dedicated to taking items out of boxes.  We visited the kids' school, I went down to the temple today to meet with my predecessor, and through it all, we've been dealing with a very sad three year-old.

"I don't like California."
"Why not?"
"Because it's new.  I don't like new things.  I don't like new houses.  I like old things."

He's very articulate, at least.  And I know it will get better.  I can't wait to see his face, for example, when I finish organizing the play room. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

transitions are so hard! good luck to you all. love sheryl

Janet said...

Oh, these pics bring back such fabulous memories of your visit! It was sooooo great!
Love,
Mom/Bubby