Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Looking forward and back during transition

Jonathan compiled these lists of what he'll miss in OH and what he's looking forward to in CA.  My additions at the bottom have asteriks.

THINGS I'LL MISS IN CINCI
- Graeter's ice cream
- Donato's pizza
- fireflies
- thunderstorms
- snow
- icicles
- no lines in public places
- leaves turning color
- forests everywhere
- cicadas
- not having to water my grass
- Skyline chili (yeah, that's right!)
- JCC and Early Childhood Center (and their awesome indoor pool)
- Dewey's pizza
- great parking
- King Arthur's Toys
- Great Wolf Lodge
- kid play areas everywhere
- my 1901 house
- *Aglamesis ice cream parlor
- *Already having community (the very last night in Cinci, our family and Nancy went to Aglamesis for dessert, and I ran into someone I knew!)
- *HUC and AJA people
- *HUC library resources
- *Rockdale temple Tot Shabbats and subbing religious school
- *home birth community

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN SAC
- gaming community
- extremely open people
- riding my bike in the winter
- CBI community
- hanging with Glenn
- driving to San Francisco
- Jamba Juice
- real diversity
- redwoods
- family
- master bathroom
- Further Confusion conference
- CA transit system
- *Star Trek conventions
- *CA Judaism
- *IN N'Out
- *authentic Mexican food
- *being in the same time zone as southern CA family and friends
- *being able to send the kids out to play in all seasons
- *big Renaissance fairs
- *more accepting of natural medicine/childbirth/chiropractors etc
- *my love for Hollywood and people.com is no longer strange in this part of the country :)

4 comments:

Janet said...

Welcome home!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love your lists and agree with most of it (not a fan of Skyline chili - although I do like their salads)
They do have some Graeters ice cream at Ralphs (owned by Kroger) but its not the same when you buy it by the quart instead of freshly scooped.

Anonymous said...

oh - that last comment was me
sheryl

Michal said...

How funny, I didn't like Skyline salads, but I really did like Dewey's house dressing.