Friday, June 15, 2012

Back in the home state


I just had to switch the time zone on my laptop from Eastern to Pacific.

It's real.

The last few days have been an absolute whirlwind.  Packing.  Cleaning.  Professionals coming in to pack more, Nancy taking the kids.   Jason arriving from Seattle so that Jonathan would have company on the drive.  City inspector coming to sign off on the house as a rental.  Emptying the fridge and freezer.  Movers coming to take furniture and boxes.  Freon leak in the air conditioner.  Jonathan and Jason leaving, Xander crying.  Nicole taking the kids when the movers started getting serious.  Talking to our renters.  Nancy coming to drive us to the airport.  Mom flying in from Long Beach to sit at the gate for three hours, then coming outside so she could go through security and fly back with me, the kids and two cats.  Flying with exhausted but not sleeping children and meowing unhappy cats.  Arriving.  Going to bed at 1am Pacific Time, 4am for us.


Jet lag

Next up: appointments with the chiropractor, optometrist, hair stylist, dentist, and then services at my home temple.  Jonathan is keeping tabs on the Cincinnati house while on the road: Molly Maids, carpet cleaning, handyman to fix our broken AC, etc.

After that: SACRAMENTO!

5 comments:

Rachael J said...

I am exhausted reading this list. You said it very well. I'm tempted to think that it is not quite real just yet. You're still on such a high with everything. This place is not real yet for me. I don't think it will until just before we leave. "Real" hits when you get to routine again. I find that sometimes, the most travel is done once you stop moving and have a moment to be still. Miss you!
Rachael

hollydlr said...

Phew! Hang in there darlin! All this change will be over soon - then just adjusting to the new life! Hugs!

MamaNightsong said...

Oh I'm sorry, I was hoping they would sleep on the plane for you! :-( It'll settle down soon!

Michal said...

Rachael, I think you're absolutely right. I want to cut and paste what you said - there's a sermon in that blog comment, I'm sure of it!

Holly, I so appreciated your call.. I'll call back once things settle.

And MamaNightsong... I was too! LOL you did your best! Thanks for all the good wishes. :)

Anonymous said...

Moving is such a rollercoaster! It was great seeing you on Friday night. It was such a lovely, lovely warm joyous service!
You and Miriam are both (already) amazing Rabbis.
sheryl