Thursday, November 13, 2008

A non-baby post

So a long time ago I was tagged by my cousin Katie to list six of my quirks:

1) I'm obsessed with Brangelina. They're beautiful people who exemplify the concept of mitzvot. I love them. How many celebrities actually donate a third of their paycheck to charity?!

2) For the life of me I have to concentrate to be able to tell my right from my left. Honestly, it's really weird, it takes me a split second to process. I blame the fact that I skipped first grade when we learned the difference. It's easier for me to translate Hebrew on the spot than to figure out if a turn is L or R. I have this feeling that this is directly related to #3,

3) I can't give directions to save my life. Most of the embarrassing moments in my life are related to this fact.

4) When I go to sleep I have to be lying on my right side. Otherwise it's just not "sleepy position," and falling asleep takes three times longer.

5) I have to take notes in class with paper and pencil or pen, not a laptop. I'm one of only two holdouts in my rabbinic school class to do so. It's so visual for me, I can't remember anything if I type it. But if I physically write, I retain the information.

6) I have great willpower in eating, except with Hot Tamales candies. For some reason half a box disappears in one sitting!

And now for shout-outs: happy very belated bday to Chana P., mazel tov on Jessica and Michael's engagement, yay to Gwen for her new office, and another mazel tov on the birth of Eden, Jonathan and Yael's new son.

6 comments:

Chana P said...

thanks for the b-day wish michal!!!
And as I was reading this, I was cracking up because I can't do the left or right thing either!!! I once had the other Michal over at my house, and we were gonna go shopping, and we were supposed to take a right turn somewhere and I said left.... it was pretty embarrassing :(
hehe

Jessica:) said...

Thanks for the mazel tov! And I hate to break it to you, but of the 10 regular third years, everyone now brings a computer to class. About half of us (self included!) are back to pen and paper in Talmud, but for the rest, we all type. On a related note, rumor has it the faculty are debating banning computers in class...stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Gawd! I miss you so much. It is great to read a non-baby post. I need my Michal fix!

As far as quirks go, we are still very similar. Here are mine in relation to yours :)

1) "I'm obsessed with Brangelina."
Ditto. Team Jolie all the way!

2) Right from my left.
Same. Ever since ballet class when there was a sticker on the wall. I think my dance instructor inadvertently trained me to be depended on outside stimuli for L/R.

3) Directions.
Lucky for me I'm okay on this one.

4) "sleepy position."
I actually have a sequence I go through. First, left side until I doze. Then right side until I am almost asleep. Then stomach.

5) "But if I physically write, I retain the information."
Ditto.

6) "I have great willpower in eating."
I wish we were twins on this one :(

Shout out to my bestie, you!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, I think I knew all of those (except the Hot Tamales, at last, your super weakness revealed!).

Anonymous said...

i hope all is well with you three,, its been a while since we heard from you,,,take care and we're thinking of you,,, hope alexander is doing well,,,

Anonymous said...

by the way the last message was from downunder,,lol Michelle