Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Books and computers and work and food and... um... that's it.

I forgot to say that Carl brought me a treasure trove of books last weekend, 2o books for $20 from the Fortress Press book sale. It's actually a Christian publisher, but they sell pretty much everything, including a lot of Hebrew Bible academic inquiries that I want to own. So YAY for Carl!

My laptop is fixed!! I don't know how many of you know it was broken, but I've been using Jonathan's laptop for the past month. Dell finally returned mine with brand new working parts, and once Jonathan reformats it this weekend, it'll be like one freshly bought.

I started work at the American Jewish Archives, and I really like it so far. The AJA is applying for a NEH grant to convert all of its audio files to electronic media, and my job is to go through its massive collection (massive=over 3000 tapes) and sort out which is interesting enough to convert. Then I listen to them, write up summaries and give feedback. The most interesting ones today were Victor Frankl giving a talk on psychotherapy, a 1960 interview with the president of the American Nazi Movement, and a rabbi who was ordained in 1906 talking about what it was like having class in Isaac Meyer Wise's home. I can't wait to see what other things are buried in the pile.

On a sad little note, Jonathan and I have to go food shopping again. I'm eating us out of house and home. I bring a mini-fridge worth of tupperware to school every day, it's kind of funny. But I'm just always so *hungry*! (And speaking of food, shout-out to Jessica and Michael, whose restaurant blog is proving quite useful whenever I have cravings for something).

Speaking of food, I shall end this blog to go chop some watermelon...

No comments: