Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mornings

It's now 7:30am, and I've been up for over an hour. I'm online, reading blogs, checking email, but I still feel too sleepy to do real work. Do other people have this problem? I'm in bed by 10:30pm every night, up at 6:30am... and I still can't seem to do anything productive, even laundry or school reading, until 9 or 10. It's frustrating, I feel like I should be able to get so much done in the mornings, and it just never happens. People always joke about being a "morning person" or a "night person," but I wonder, is it really physiological? Hmm. Well, at least this gives me something to Google til I wake up properly.

Oh, and as a request, and at risk of sounding old... may I ask that no one call us past 9pm (meaning 6pm PST). On the other hand, you can call in the morning practically at the crack of dawn PST... do you know that when we get up in the morning here it's still dark?!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Honey, you have never been a 'morning person.' Never. You always told me that just because you were 'up' didn't mean you were awake. Try to enjoy your mornings the best you can and follow the lead your body is giving you. You know I'm a great believer in sleep, so if you need to sleep (and you never needed less than 12 hours a day!), take the time to sleep if you can. And remember please, we are human beings, not human doings. The laundry and dishes aren't going anywhere. And even if you do them instead of taking care of yourself, guess what? They'll be there again sooner than you know.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm chiming in. Yes, luv, it is physiological -- Some people may straddle the "morning-person/night- person" personality, but whatever you are, there's no point in trying to fight it. Go with the flow. I like that line: "we are human beings, not human doings"! I'll be handing it out like hot dogs at a ballgame (a Cubs game, of course!)
Luv ya, 24/7!!!
yer Savta