Friday, August 13, 2010

DONE with CPE

I am so relieved. And also sad. Even though it was emotionally very difficult, I know that I did make a difference for people. So I'm sorry to lose that, as well as the bonds I formed with some of the other CPE students.

In other news, Xander is officially train-obsessed. He hands me the TV remote and asks for "choo-choo" to watch Thomas the Train Engine as a special treat. All our books with trains in them are dog-eared. And the latest cardboard box has gone from being a spaceship, to a Yentl hideout, to.. you guessed it... a choo-choo.

Jonathan is studying for the PMP exam, which he takes in a couple weeks.

A friend of ours is getting divorced and so has been staying with us for a while, but she moved out yesterday and is getting her own apartment. And another friend moves in on Monday! Then on Tuesday HUC kicks off with a Sexual Ethic Retreat. It's a busy time of year.

Shabbat shalom, all. And lilah tov (good night).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a friend expressed it, you reached "with your heart" and so you made such a difference. Michal, I know you will continue to make a difference in people's lives.
As for trains, I will be happy to take Xander on a real train ride, with dining cars and sleeping cars, etc.
Please wish Jonathan good fortune in this next phase of his career.
Keep up the excitement, and the choo choo rides.
Lynn

Sheryl said...

oh - we all loved trains! we have mixed Brio/Thomas sets. It tooks me months after to stop pointing out trains while we were in car (sometime Caleb wasn't even in the car) Jane would just look at me sideways.

Michal said...

Lynn, thank you so much for your kind comments. And yes, Xander will definitely take you up on that!

Sheryl, haha I do the same thing now... the other day I pointed out a front loader to the backseat... and then realized no one was there. :)