Monday, December 22, 2008

A pictorial first night of Hanukkah

A dramatic retelling of the Hanukkah story. The baby had never heard it before!




The tale of the Maccabees is riveting.




Explaining the menorah before we light candles.




Playing a fierce game of dreidel. I taught everyone how to spin it upside down.




Jonathan made homemade latkes, but as he was putting them onto the plate we realized we had forgotten to buy the garnishes! He earned many many brownie points by going out into the 6 degree weather to go buy applesauce and sour cream. When he got back we ate til we were sick from the grease. Then we sang tons of songs.




Last but not least was gift exchange! Becca brought a gorgeous traditional Korean outfit for Xander called a hanbok. This one will fit him in about two years.




In the spirit of the holidays we also drank eggnog, and what do you know? All my life I've thought I hated it, but after drinking it virgin I realized that I'm fine with the eggnog itself, it's just the rum in it that I don't like! Here is our toast to friendship, holidays, and a joyous life.


Happy Hannukah, everyone!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with Becca around! The pictures of Alexander are just precious! ahAHaha So cute.. :) Anyway, wishing you and Jonathan a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Talk to you soon!

Chana P said...

haha Michal this post really made me smile :)
Happy Channuka!

Anonymous said...

I still have "Oh Hannuka, Oh Hannuka come light the menorak. We'll have a party..." song in my head!