Monday, April 20, 2009

Wow, vacation goes fast

How did we spend nine days away? It's already a blur.

The time at my mom's house was a perfect mix of relaxing and seeing family and friends. And it worked for everyone: when I schmoozed with my high school friend Tara, Jonathan and Odelia went to a movie. When I helped my mom prep for seder, they went to Fry's Electronics. We opened up a bank account for Xander, got Jamba Juice smoothies every other day, and ate ridiculous amounts of ice cream. Not to mention, 72 people came in and out of the house on Saturday for our open house. Forget Jonathan and I... everyone wanted to meet Xander! The best part was when he fell fast asleep on Cliff, our 89 year-old neighbor. Even the plane ride back was good, as we sat next to a woman who works as a personal shopper at Prada on Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills). She had amazing stories of celebrities she's worked with, and made the time pass very quickly. My one story of having dinner with Helen Hunt and Hank Azaria didn't compare.

There are honestly about 800 pictures. Expect multiple slideshows this weekend.

(And before I get lots of emails, I was friends with Helen's cousin!)

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, how I miss you three! Xander is such a good natured, happy little boy and it was such a joy to have him here. I look at the pix of him and can hear him squeal and laugh, and feel his softness and he cuddles in close. The time went much too fast. Give yourselves lots of hugs and kisses from Mom and Bubbe. June cannot come fast enough!